of the Year!
The Dakota County Family Child Care Association is a non-profit organization of licensed family
child care providers in Dakota County, Minnesota. DCFCCA serves and acts on behalf of all
members who are licensed providers in Dakota County. Our main goals are:
- To promote quality family child care through education and support for providers;
- To promote the image of quality family child care in the community; and
- To aid in communication between providers, Human Services, parents and the community.
Our Mission Statement: The DCFCCA is committed to promoting quality licensed family
child care within the community by offering providers affordable education and professional
Benefits for Providers
- Educational Training
- Free Marketing (Provider Directory)
- Bi-Monthly Newsletter
Benefits for Families
- Free Provider Directory
- Guide to Choosing Quality Child Care
- Program list of benefits of licensed family child care
Who We Are
May 9, 2014!
Provider Appreciation Day is a special day to
recognize child care providers, teachers, and
other educators of young children everywhere.
Today's child care professionals are the world's
unsung heroes. This profession is one of the most
underpaid occupations in the country, yet
research shows that early childhood is the most
critical developmental period in a child's life. It
takes a special person to work in this field. The
contribution these individuals make to the lives of
children and families too frequently goes
unnoticed. Provider Appreciation Day offers a
unique opportunity to recognize and commend the
unselfish dedication, commitment, and compassion
that child care providers demonstrate every day.